Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Daily Face: Changing it Up

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF20 in Sand
Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC30
MUA Bronzed Perfection Bronzer
Nars Blush in Deep Throat
Clinique Liquid Highlighter
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
MUA Pro Brow Kit
Vivo Colour Block (shades 5 and 10)
L'oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara
Mac Lipstick in Impassioned

Hello lovelies, hope everyone is having the most wonderful weekend.
Today's post would usually be the Sunday Catch-Up, which is a weekly round up based on my Instagram photos, but as this has been a particularly uneventful week and I've barely uploaded any pictures, I thought I'd pop up something else instead, so here is what is on my face today.
As usual, you'll see I've gone for my daily staples, the MUA Pro Brow Kit and Bronzed Perfection Bronzer (although saying that, I've barely picked up the bronzer over the past week or so as I've been using something else - more on that later), and I've also chosen one of my favourite blushes, Nars Deep Throat.
In terms of eye make-up, I've mixed it up a bit and gone for the Vivo Colour Block palette to create a subtle neutral eye, and I'm also giving the L'oreal Telescopic Carbon Black Mascara a go. I have to say though, it's not for me - I much prefer the length and separation I get from the L'oreal Volume Million Lashes mascara, and as you may already know, I'm a loyal fan. The Telescopic mascara seems to give the appearance of fewer lashes, if anything, with no enhancement when it comes to length - or volume, for that matter. I know lots of people do like this, and I can see that it might be quite nice for those who prefer a really pared-down look lash-wise, but it's not really what I look for.
Base-wise, I'm wearing my trusty Laura Mercier SPF20 Tinted Moisturiser in the shade Sand, a product I will often go for but that has been relegated to the back of my makeup drawer of late thanks to my uncooperative skin (I definitely need a bit more coverage when I'm suffering from breakouts, but things are looking a bit more normal around here today).
I dug out my Clinique Uplighting Liquid Illuminator in shade 01 Natural to give my cheekbones a pretty glow - a product I haven't used in such a long time. I'm quite loyal to my Mac MSFs, but as with the mascara, I fancied trying something different, and I really like the results.
Last but not least (this is not at all in order of application, I think I've got a bit carried away here!), I popped on a bit of my Mac Pro Longwear Concealer to disguise those pesky dark circles and leftover blemishes, and finished my t-zone with a dusting of the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. Frankly, I'm not really a fan - I find it quite on the chalky side, and I don't find that it does much in the way of keeping oiliness at bay.

So that's the lot - a few staples, and a few more 'experiments'. I think the mascara and powder will be going straight back where I found them, but the highlighter might be making a bit of a come-back :)

What's on your face today?

xx



4 comments:

  1. you have so many products here that i'm dying to use </3 wish i could get away with just a tinted moisturiser, however i never have a 'normal' day with my skin :L x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clinique highlighter sounds like a treat! I've been looking for an alternative to MAC MSFs so I might give this one a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh so many nice products <3 i love the look of that vivo palette <3

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk