Thursday, April 17, 2014

Hydrating Skincare: From Winter to Spring


The weather may be getting warmer, and the evenings longer and lighter, but that doesn't always mean you can slack off on the skincare front. In fact, a sudden change in the climate, and weather that can't make up its mind can wreak havoc on the skin, making it more important than ever to ensure that it's taken care of.

When it comes to hydration, I have a few trusty favourites that I know I can reach for whatever the time of year, and they will always get things sorted in no time. A common mistake a lot of people make is to think that if they haven't got any dry or flaky patches, then their skin is not dehydrated, but actually, this is a long way from the truth in many cases. Personally, I don't tend to suffer from the former, but I'd definitely put a tick in the latter box from time to time. Usual triggers for me are leaving makeup on for too long or skipping on exfoliation (I tend to use AHA toners rather than manual scrubs), but often, an unstable climate is to blame.

The Elemental Herbology Cell Food Serum* is a favourite of mine when I feel that my skin could do with a boost. Containing a powerhouse of proteins, vitamins and minerals, a couple of drops of this applied after my toner and before my moisturiser in the mornings make all the difference when it comes to radiance and vitality. On its own, it doesn't pack enough of a moisturising punch though, so I follow up with my go-to morning and evening moisturiser, Origins Make a Difference Rejuvenating Treatment Plus. With a deliciously orangey fragrance, this is a gel-cream, so although it's incredibly hydrating, it won't feel heavy or greasy on the skin like some products can. It sinks in like a dream, leaving my skin soft and plump, and I know it's a product I can always rely on to keep things in check.

The Balance Me Radiance Oil* is an extra little night time treat, and if my skin is feeling particularly out of sorts then I often mix a couple of drops of this in with my night cream. With a divine herbal scent, it sinks in fairly well - but I'd always recommend pinning your fringe back if you don't want to have to wash it in the morning. The Radiance Oil really does do what it says on the tin, and my complexion looks brighter and healthier after a couple of uses.

I really do find that hydration makes the biggest difference to the appearance of my skin as a whole, as when it's in need of a little extra moisture I look tired and drawn by comparison. It doesn't take much to get things back on track, and it's always worth the extra effort.

What are your go-to products when it comes to giving your skin a moisture boost?
Have you added any new products to your skincare arsenal of late?

xx

Balance Me Radiance Oil review
Elemental Herbology Cell Food Serum Review


2 comments:

  1. i really enjoy reading your blog (sorry about my english - i'm swiss) - i do also love the balance me radiance oil - but generally i love serums for my little extra tlc:) at the moment i'm on my 5 (!) bottle of anr by estee lauder; love this stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on using a serum, oil and moisturiser still - my skin loves the three all year round! Just bought another bottle of the Antipodes Divine Face Oil as mine has nearly run out xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk