Friday, April 18, 2014

Cult Beauty Wishlist

Studio 10 Visible Lift Face Definer  //  Aromatherapy Associates Relax Balm  //  Anastasia Brow Wiz  //  Elemis Jasmine & Rose Bath Milk  //  Aesop Control  //  EOS Honeysuckle Honeydew Lip Balm  

So I might have been having a little bit of a browse on Cult Beauty lately, and if you think it was the first time then you'd be very wrong. I often find myself clicking between that site and Space NK, longing to fill my virtual shopping basket and skip happily to the checkout, but with the prices of premium brands these days it is rarely something that happens - and when it does, I'm more likely to be hanging my head with guilt.

But there's something about such products that are hard for a beauty blogger to resist - or anyone else who enjoys trying and testing high end makeup and skincare, for that matter.

I am completely new to Studio 10, and have never, ever tried any of their products. But the second I saw this Visible Lift Face Definer palette, I knew I had to have it. The muted taupe shade is completely perfect for contouring - with grey tones rather than orange, it would create a really realistic shadow, giving anyone cheekbones to die for. I'm intrigued by the gel blush, too, as I can't say I've ever come across such a formula in the past, but it certainly looks to be a gorgeous, bright shade for Summer. And who doesn't love a highlighter? At £30 for all three, I think it would be well worth the investment, and is a great way to sample a few products from a new brand, all in one go.

I'm a terrible stress head, and by that I mean that I worry and fret about almost everything. Sometimes I think I'm going to drive myself mad, and with my mind racing at a million miles an hour on a regular basis, I've tried pretty much every relaxation remedy out there.
So it comes as no surprise that I gravitated straight towards the Aromatherapy Associates Relax Balm. With a mix of vetyver, chamomile and sandalwood essential oils, this strikes me as quite a different blend from the ones I have tried before, and as such, I'm hopeful that it might provide some new relief!

I'm a little bit obsessed with defining my brows, as I think that doing so can make a real difference to any face. I'm always looking out for the best new brow products on the market, and the Anastasia Brow Wiz ticks all the boxes. With a skinny, mechanical nib it mimmicks even the finest of hairs, giving you absolute control with a really natural looking result.
I must admit, the last three items were added on a whim. I am in love with Elemis bath milks -when it comes to hydration and baby soft skin, nothing else comes close. At £42, I doubt I'd bite the bullet and purchase one myself (I was lucky enough to win one in the past), but it's always nice to dream.
EOS lip balms are always welcome in my handbag, as they smell amazing and get the job done in a pleasant and effective manner. The new honeysuckle honeydew offering sounds like just my cup of tea, and perfect to replace my minty winter Carmex.
I rarely get blemishes these days, but everyone could do with having a secret weapon on hand for the odd occasion they do decide to make an appearance. You can bet your bottom dollar it'll be the most inconvenient timing of all, so the Aesop Control is firmly on my radar. With witch hazel, lemon peel, rosemary leaf and sage oils - alongside antibacterial tea tree and exfoliating salicylic acid to chemically resurface and ease congestion, this one is bound to be a winner.
Better start saving my pennies!

Do you shop at Cult Beauty?
What's on your shopping list this week?

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk