Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Little Catch-Up




I'm officially back and ready to blog!

Those of you who have read my previous post will know what happened, so I won't bore you with the details again! Although I will say that, despite all the time my laptop spent in 'hospital', it is still not fixed properly, and I am not impressed! My wireless is also still being a royal pain. It says I am connected and have perfect signal, but it also says that I have no internet access...!? I do not understand. So anyway, those two things put together mean that whilst I do indeed have internet access again, I am only able to use it if I plug in the ethernet cable and constantly wiggle it around in its socket in order to maintain the connection. Ideal.
While we're on the subject of technical troubles, can I also just have a quick rage about the fact that a) I couldn't use my new tablet thanks to lack of WiFi, so I returned it in favour of getting b) a new phone, which will neither connect to WiFi nor access the normal type of internet you get on your phone from your provider (I'm so tech savvy, can you tell by my description!?)
Anyway, that's it as far as ranting goes, just had to get that off my chest!

On a more positive note, the highlight of my week has been winning my first giveaway! Thanks to the lovely Natasha at Clouds and Cuticle Oil, (go and have a read when you've finished here!) I am soon to be the lucky recipient of an amazing sample set of The Hollywood Collection (skincare) by  Erno Laszlo, an MUA eyeshadow in shade 24, and a Stila Lip Glaze in Kitten! These are all new products for me, so I'm really looking forward to trying them out and writing some reviews for you. Thanks, Natasha! 
So that was a nice way to start my week, and here's hoping my lucky streak (let's pretend the technology probs don't exist!) continues and I end it with a lottery win! Ha, well we can all dream, can't we?
In beauty news, I have just ordered myself some samples of some gorgeous Benefit bronzers and blushers, and I can't wait for them to arrive! I have basically been wanting pretty much all of them for a while now, so as I was struggling to choose, I thought this might be the best way to go about it. Sadly, I wasn't able to get my hands on the Hervana blush, but I did get Coralista and Posie Tint, as well as the Hoola and Dallas bronzers.
I have also successfully managed to ombre my nails this week, NOTD post up about that tomorrow :-)

Hope everyone is having as pleasant a work week as possible so far! If you are off on holiday or just have some free time to relax then lucky you! I am so looking forward to making myself a cuppa now and settling down to catch up on all the blog posts of yours that I have missed!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk