Hello lovelies, how are you all? I hope you all had the most fantastic New Year's Eve, and that you're all as excited for the new year ahead as I am. This year, I've decided that alongside the standard resolutions I normally make, I'm going to try to keep to some beauty ones too.
So, without further ado, they are:
1. Keep up the good work with my hair. I had neglected it for too long, assuming it was destined to be a little bit dull and dry on the ends forever, but after having it ombred I was forced to start taking better care of it. It took a while, but I'm finally starting to see results, so I really want to keep up the decent haircare regime, which now consists not only of shampoo and conditioner, but also oils, leave-in conditioner, heat protection spray and anti-snap treatment on a regular basis.
2. I've already started on this one, but I want to be more adventurous with my eye makeup. I used to wear eyeshadow in the past, but haven't done for a couple of years unless I'm going out. However, lately I've been eager to create some nice neutral looks for day-time, and while it's never really been my forte, I am now armed with some great makeup brushes and a new neutrals palette (MUA Undressed), so there are new excuses.
3. I'm going to abandon my quest for the perfect under-eye cream. Why? Because I think I've been expecting too much. Nothing is going to completely get rid of dark circles, puffiness and fine lines, and it's time I just swallowed it and ended the vicious circle of spending money on things which will ultimately disappoint.
4. Start looking after my hands. I never use hand cream, because I've always assumed they picked up enough moisture from applying other types of moisturising products. Now it's time to invest in a proper hand cream and a good cuticle oil. If any of you can recommend me any good hand and nail care products then please do let me know in the comments below - I always love to try out your suggestions.
5. Try out a face oil. I suppose this is more an excuse to buy more skincare really! You know I love it. But this is something I keep meaning to give a go, and haven't got round to yet, and I'm intrigued to see what it might have to offer me.
Have you made any beauty resolutions this year?