Sunday, January 6, 2013

Weekend Wishlist


Christmas has been and gone, and the January sales are still going strong, but with all the shopping and Christmas list-writing that's filled my time over the past few months - and I never thought I'd say this - I'm pretty much all wishlisted out. So over-zealous was I through the months of November and December that I am almost completely sure that everything I am currently lusting after has been covered and covered again, and for the first time, I actually struggled to put today's post together. It's not that I got everything on those lists, either. I just find that popping them in a blog post and obsessing over them for a while helps me to get over them - well, some of the time. But of course, as ever, there are a couple of items I have been reading up on and am now keen to try, and a couple more that caught my eye during an online browsing session. Note, I was only browsing in the first place for the good of this post, and it's apparent that I'm feeling uncharacteristically restrained from the rather sparse-looking collage above.
The only thing that's  really tempting me at the moment are the Enrapture Encode Totem Styler. I used to curl my hair every day, and have always preferred my bonce with a nice bit of bounce. I have been through styler after styler, and have never really found one that could create the desired effect, so when my ancient curling tongs ceased to function last year, I was unsure what to replace them with. Upon further investigation, I discovered that the sort of thing I was looking for would set me back rather a tidy sum, which is why you have been seeing me with straight hair in most of my videos and blog posts! I have had my heart set on this one for months, but somehow managed to suffer a mental block around Christmas time and failed to drop Santa any hints. With it being January, it's not likely that I'll be forking out £75 for this any time soon, but the more I see and hear about it, the more I find myself itching to get my hands on it!
I am also keen to try some Elemis skincare, and love the sound of this Herbal Lavender Repair Mask.  As well as lavender, it contains natural antiseptics rosemary and thyme to synergistically rebalance and purify the skin,  and sounds like the perfect weekly detox mask to use alongside my all-time favourite, Origins Clear Improvement.
And of course, no wishlist would be complete without some clothing and accessories thrown into the mix. This gorgeous studded bag from Accessorize is the perfect size for work, and it looks pretty damn good too. Add to that a cutwork shirt and some paisley print shorts and I'd have the perfect combination - I'm not sure  if I'd wear the waist belt with this outfit or with something else, but either way it doesn't matter because none of it is really going to be coming home with me. Last but not least, I couldn't cast aside these gorgeous fringed ombre hotpants, which just scream festival season and send me into a daydream of the upcoming season.
Hope you're all enjoying your Saturday and have had a good start to the new year.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk