Monday, August 5, 2013

New in Beauty Buys


It's been quite a while since I last treated myself to any beauty buys, which is saying a lot for me as I'm usually constantly picking things up here and there. I've been really good at saving my pennies lately, but inevitably there came a time that I was starting to run out of things and needed to restock, and that time was this weekend. We move out of our house today, but won't actually be returning to the UK for another two weeks, so that meant that this was my last chance to get my hands on the bits I needed before we head off to the middle of nowhere to stay with some of my husband's family until we leave.
Now before I start, let me just say that some of the products in the picture are going to have slightly different names to what I'm going to call them, and that is because I bought them in Brazil. Sometimes we get products here that are only available in the US, and sometimes the ones which are on sale in the UK have the American names. I'm going to be referring to them by their UK names so as to avoid confusion.

First off, I decided to treat myself to a new conditioner, in the form of the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Express Treatment Conditioner. I've just re-ombred my hair myself , so it goes without saying that the ends are in need of a bit of TLC. This one seems to be nice and luxurious, with 3x the conditioning power of a standard conditioner, but it can be used daily, getting to work in just minute, which I must say is rather handy.
Next up is the Vichy Normaderm Micellar Water for imperfection-prone skin, which I was prompted to buy after realising just how much cleanser I've been getting through of late. I usually rely on my Elemental Herbology Bio-Cellular Super Cleanse to both remove makeup and give my skin a deep-down clean, which inevitably requires a double cleanse, so I'm going to give this micellar a go and see if it helps me to economise.
I was in need of a new mascara, and having been disappointed by my recent purchase of Maybelline's The Falsies, I decided to give their One by One Mascara a go. I like the fact that this is meant to separate the lashes, leaving them clump free, as for me there is nothing worse that a lumpy, spidery look. However, I usually do prefer more lengthening formulations, so we shall have to see.
Unfortunately, the last four products don't seem to be available in the UK, so sorry for being a tease in that respect. I got two Garnier Fructis hair oils, one of which is designed to nourish the hair while the other is a heat protectant and is supposed to be a great styling tool for straightening hair, leaving it silky smooth ( Sleek and Shine Moroccan Sleek Oil Treatment, if you're in the U.S.). I also got two Maybelline Hydra Extreme Matte lipsticks in Red Revolution and Forever Red - a girl can never have too many red lipsticks, after all, and I have already purchased and loved several other shades from this range. They are really long-lasting, and not as drying as you might expect from a matte formulation.

And that is all that managed to creep into my shopping bag on this occasion. I'm looking forward to trying them all out this week, and will let you know my thoughts imminently!
Have you made any new beauty purchases recently?

xx

11 comments:

  1. You got some lovely bits, Im very curious about the micellar water as I've been using the Loreal one and it is very good!

    Megan x

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I~ll be sure to pop up a review of it soon Megan. xx








      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I~m really liking them so far, I must admit. Hope you can get them where you are.xx

      Delete
  3. The garnier hair oils look really good!

    My latest buy is dry shampoo!

    Jade xx

    www.fairytalekiss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, dry shampoo is an absolute must in the summer, isn~t it. Actually, for me it is all year round, for my fringe if nothing else.
      Really liking the hair oils, will review them soon.xx

      Delete
  4. The hair oils look great Mel! Interested to see how you get on with the Dove conditioner xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I~m very happy with them all so far - keep an eye out for the Dove review as I~ve scheduled it for Monday, I believe. xx

      Delete
  5. I'm intrigued by the hair oils mel! Would love to see a review xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have one up soon Josie, once I~m back in the UK it~s first on my list. xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk