Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What I Wore

Top and Sunglasses, Zara  //  Playsuit, Topshop  //  Necklace, New Look  //  Sandals, Brazil

I'm not going to lie, this isn't what I wore today. As you may have heard me mention, I've had to plan a few of my recent posts a couple of weeks in advance, as I moved out of my house and have been staying with the hubby's family until we arrive back in the UK this weekend. I may or may not have internet, but at the time of writing this I didn't know either way, so this is something I wore out to do a casual bit of shopping a couple of weeks ago. I've actually had this monochrome gingham playsuit for a good few years now, but it was only when packing for the big move that I found it lurking at the bottom of an empty suitcase that had been stashed away in the store room for goodness knows how long. I tried it on and was thrilled to find that all was well, so I popped on a lightweight long-sleeved top from Zara underneath it, as it wasn't quite the weather for going it alone.
I'm sure it'll come as no surprise to see that I've finished the look with my trusty studded sandals - I still love these, and they go with absolutely everything. They're also incredibly comfy, which is a rarity when it comes to sandals. Speaking of favourites, I'm also wearing my much-loved statement necklace from New Look. I got it as part of my birthday present from my parents earlier this year, and have been mildly obsessed with it ever since.
Normally I'd be a bit more chatty about what I've been up to today, but since I don't have a crystal ball I will just have to guess. Today I am supposed to be in Rio de Janeiro, more than likely sunning it up on Copacabana before leaving for the flight home on Friday. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures along the way, so you can expect so see those some time next week when I am all settled back in the UK.
Between now and then, you should get a couple more posts that I've prepared in advance, and you should still be able to find me on Twitter and Instagram the whole way through - if you don't already follow me on those then just click on the icons over in my sidebar. There's also one for my Youtube channel, so do check that out if you fancy it.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

xx

2 comments:

  1. Love the playsuit! Hope the move back goes well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good way of styling a playsuit! x

    fabheadtotoe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk