Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Weekly Roundup


Well, it's been a while since I've done one of these! Not so much  weekly round-up, you might say, as this week's photos cover at least the last month.

Life has been sunnier of late, with the weather brightening up, seeing more of friends and family, getting fit and eating well.
 I've been going to bootcamp a couple of times week with my best friend, which we're both really enjoying doing out in the sunshine, and I've also been making time for things like yoga and Body Balance to keep things that little bit more Zen. I'm  bit of a worrier at heart, so I really have to make time in my life for relaxation and make the effort to stick to it.

We've also managed to have the first of the year's barbecues, with two in a row last weekend. The first was round at my friend's house, and it was great to get everyone together for a catch-up and a cheeky cider or two, The second was put on by my parents, who had just returned from a Caribbean holiday and were wanting to hold onto the last moments before going back to work.

Other than that, it's been very much about working, Sunday carveries and trying out lots of lovely new products. I was lucky enough to get my hands on one of the recent Space NK goodie bags, so it's going to take me while to work through that little lot! I've already discovered a fair few gems though, so keep an eye out for those.

This week, I got tickets to see both Kasabian and the Pixies over the next few months, so really looking forward to both of those! It's been a while since I last saw some decent live music, and I can't wait to go along and have a dance.

 As for today, we were meant to be going to a music festival, but it's been overcast and raining up until now, so after dropping a certain someone off at work, I treated myself to breakfast before heading home to do a bit of blog photography and prep some posts. As I'm writing this, the sun has begun to pour through my living room window, and the clouds have passed to reveal a beautiful blue sky, so I think it's time to get my wellies on and head on down to the event. It's actually a weekender, but we've only got tickets today, and the good stuff won't be kicking off for another hour or so.

Bit of a short one today, I'm afraid, but watch this space for plenty of posts coming up over the next week. They are all scheduled and ready to go, which is a situation I haven't had time to get myself into for some while - it feels pretty good, I tell thee.

Hope everyone has a lovely bank holiday weekend - fingers crossed this isn't the last we'll see of the sun!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk