Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Wishlist

There are so many gorgeous skater style dresses out there at the moment, at great prices, that I think I am going to fill a large section of my wardrobe with them, mostly in block jewel colours. They are just so versatile. I'll be wearing mine with a skinny tan belt, black tights and a biker jacket by day in the winter, and will be happy to pull them out again come the summer. Printed versions are also easy to dress up for nights out. Here are some of the ones on mylust-have list.

These are £24.99 each, from Republic:

Miso Colour Block DressMiso Leopard Print Dress
Miso Colour Block Dress

I'm also a fan of this polk-a-dot one, £24.99 from Newlook, which I'd wear with a skinny red belt:
Black Pattern (Black) Influence Polka Dot Dress | 239912809 | New Look

My favourite find, though,  is definitely this one, which is from www.boohoo.com, and is only £15! Bargain. Unfortunately, though, they seem to be out of my size, so fingers crossed they'll get some more in soon....

Lucy Oriental Print Belted Skater Dress

To be honest though, most of all, I'm looking forward to have a good old rummage around Primark. Their clothes have improved so much in the last couple of years. There was a time when I'd only go in for accessories or basics like vest tops, but these days you can find some real gems. I don't know if I can handle all the Christmas Primark carnage though, it's always a nightmare in there as it is! As much as I hate early mornings, I think it's going to be the only way. I really cannot stand long queues because I'm really impatient with that sort of thing, and everything is usually all over the floor by 10am! Luckily, there's a Starbucks right outside my local Primarni, so I think I might pop in there and try one of their delicious sounding Christmas drinks to warm up before (ambitious) or more likely, after trawling for goodies. Gingerbread latte? Yes please.
 I've got to admit, I'm a real sucker for all things Christmas-y, especially having spent the last couple out of the country. This year, I just want to surround myself with festive treats like fairy lights, homemade mince pies and mulled wine, and I'm even enjoying hearing all the cheesy classics playing in the background on TV programs. You've got to love Walford Market in Eastenders for that!
Also on my wish list at the moment are lots of chunky, slouchy fairisle style cardigans and a dalmatian print satchel. I will keep you updated as to whether I find any for a steal.




[starbucks gingerbread latte]


(Can you tell that I'm excited about Christmas now!?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk