Saturday, December 10, 2011

Dear Santa.....


Now, I don't usually shop at Dorothy Perkins, but I have to say, I am ridiculously in lust with this sequined Peter Pan collar blouse. It's absolutely gorgeous, and would look great this winter with black, high-waisted shorts, black tights and wedge shoe boots during the day, and can also be easily dressed up for night, thanks to the sequin detail. I'd wear it with a pair of black star foil skinnies from Topshop, and some seventies tan, knee-high boots for casual drinks with friends, or go a bit more glam with a high-waisted skirt and chunky, colour-block heels, with a faux fur gilet slung on over the top for extra warmth.






I'm also a little bit in love with a couple of other marvellous finds from Dotty P's, those being this lovely cream batwing jumper, which looks perfect for winter layering, and this dalmatian-print blouse.

I'm a little bit obsessed with blouses at the moment, mainly because I think they give a chic, elegant edge to any outfit, even when paired with slouchy hareems or, again, tucked into high waisted shorts, with a slouch cardigan thrown on over the top.
Actually, I should explain that I have been living abroad for a little while, so that means that I am absolutely raring to get to the shops when I arrive back in England a few days before Christmas. My winter wardrobe is severely lacking at present, and I just cannot wait to fill it up with some gorgeous sheer fabrics, chunky knits and LOTS of new shoes, boots and shoe-boots.  I do hope Santa is feeling generous this year though, because my bank balance is, well...not. As much as I love the sun, I have really missed layering and being able to go mad on accessories. When it's this hot (currently 34 degrees), you just want to be wearing as little as possible, and even then it feels like too much. When I first arrived here, I defiantly soldiered on, continuing to accessorise with waist belts, bracelets....you name it. In fact, I was really stubborn, and refused to let the weather compromise my style! Some time later though, I did have to give in slightly and embrace a more simplistic, 'less is more' way of dressing to get me through those unbearably hot days. But even in these situations, we can still find a way to 'own'whatever outfit we are wearing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk