Sunday, December 11, 2011

Current Lusts: River Island


This pretty, embellished collar is just brilliant for winter, as it dresses up just about any plain old top. It would look good on a long-sleeved black top, but personally, I'd wear it with a plain, sheer, cream blouse because I love the contrast effect.  But I do think this particular collar is pretty expensive at £22, considering it is JUST a collar, so I'll be looking for cheaper versions in Primark and H&M.



Next is this cream beaded Peter Pan collar top, which I think is just adorable! It's a versatile colour and will go with anything, so I'll definitely be adding this one to my basket next time I'm in River Island. LOVE it.



I LOVE this monochrome swing blouse, especially the sheer fabric. This'll go with long-length legging and flats, skinnies and boots and just about anything else. £25



This navy lace playsuit is so cute, although I must admit, I'm not loving the buttons. I would take those off and replace them with some little pearly ones and wear this with tights and lace-up shoe boots. Again, though, it's .

This navy lace playsuit is so cute, although I must admit, I'm not loving the buttons. I would take those off and replace them with some little pearly ones and wear this with tights and lace-up shoe boots. I'd also replace the belt it comes with with a tan one. Again, though, it's a llittle steep at £45.


I adore this colour block bag, especially it's leopard print strap. It's perfect for giving a pop of colour on those dull wintery days and would be sure to cheer me up. £30



This is the ideal winter warmer, but is way over-priced at £50, in my opinion. I know for a fact I can find something similar in Primark or Peacocks. I don't mean to sound like a cheap skate (!) but I am constantly changing my mind about what I want, or at least what I want to wear! So to spend £50 would be a mistake - I'd rather buy three different ones for the same price and have some options, as I know I'd get bored of wearing the same cardigan all the time. That already tends to happen in winter, as whatever I wear invariably ends up being covered up with a coat due to the cold.



These are both gorgeous. I love the print on the first one, and the contrasting piped pockets on both. The coral one would also look amazing with sandals in the summer. £40 each..

River Island is another shop that seems to have improved loads within the last few years. Whenever I used to go in there, I'd leave empty handed, unless I was buying shoes (they've always had a great shoe section). I don't know what it was about the clothes, but I just remember them always having stuff with those tacky, stick on rhinestone gems on, or badly cut jeans and pink army print....and no, it wasn't the fashion at the time. Thumbs up though, their makeover has been a great success.

I've just realised that instead of doing my Christmas present shopping, I have been doing......this.  Compiling a list of what I want....whoops. I'm not selfish really, I promise you, and I do have a day of present shopping penciled in soon! I just adore clothes too much, and as I said, I've been away for a while, so my wardrobe needs replenishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk