Monday, April 29, 2013

Review: Elemental Herbology Eye Elixir




I'm sure I've mentioned countless times before on this blog how dark circles and under-eye puffiness are pretty much the bane of my life. Up until about a year ago I was more or less problem free in that respect, then all of a sudden, I woke up one day and everything had changed. It's not that I have particularly bad dark circles, but they are certainly noticeable, so since it all started I've tried out a number of different eye creams, all to no avail. Origins Gin Zing did help a little bit, but nothing to write home about - in fact, I only realised it had been doing some sort of good when I stopped using it for a time.
As if dark circles and puffiness aren't enough, I then began to realise that I have developed some under-eye creases and crinkles, so I embarked upon a split routine, trying to attack the former with my morning eye cream and the latter in the evenings, but it was all a bit of a disappointment.
So, when I stumbled upon the Elemental Herbology Eye Elixir, which promises to fight dark circles, puffiness and fine lines all in one go, I was straight online hunting for the best bargain I could find! It really is a rarity to find an eye product that can combat all three, and with eye creams not exactly coming cheap this seemed like the perfect solution. An added bonus was that I was eager to try out some more products from Elemental Herbology, so it was pretty much a win-win.

So, onto the review.

Elemental Herbology pride themselves on their nutritious, indulgent and high-performing products, using patented bio-active ingredients and sophisticated technologies to produce visible results. Rich in vitamins, anti-oxidants and essential fatty acids, all products feed and nurture the skin with everything it needs to restore vibrance and vitality, as well as helping to keep individual skin complaints under control. Not only do these ingredients help to counteract the effects of the environment, but they also help to fight against the damage done by ageing and lifestyle.
Packed with lots of lovely, natural ingredients, Elemental Herbology was always going to be right up my street, so I couldn't wait to add the Eye Elixir to both my morning and evening routines. 100% free of mineral oils, synthetic fragrances and colours, sulphates and paraben preservatives, this is something that always sits well with me, as I like to know exactly what I'm putting on my skin and try my best to avoid unnecessary chemicals or comedogenic (pore clogging) ingredients where possible. Even better, Elemental Herbology never test on animals, which again I think is something really important, and it's nice to see some brands still holding their own on this one.
The main active ingredients in the Eye Elixir are plant peptides, hematite and blue algae, all of which contribute to the firming, tightening, lifting and nourishing properties. It comes in a little glass bottle with a pump dispenser - something that really appeals to me as it's so much more hygienic than repeatedly dipping your fingers in the same pot time and again.
The Elixir is an off-white cream of lotion consistency, and has the most wonderful herbal scent (all natural, of course). I do find that the pump dispenses a little bit more product than I would personally choose, but luckily my under-eye area drinks it right up regardless. Half a pump is all that's required, and I dot it around the inner aspect of my orbital bone before gently tapping it in with my ring fingers.

So, the burning question. Does it really work?

You all know how much of a skeptic I am when it comes to eye creams, having been disappointed by them time and again in the past. But I have to say, the Elemental Herbology Eye Elixir has somewhat changed my stance on the matter! It does a great job of hydrating my under-eye area and leaving it silky smooth and soft, but even better - and more astonishingly, in my eyes - it really, genuinely has helped to diminish my dark circles and puffiness quite noticeably. How can I be so sure? Well, one day I just looked in the mirror and was shocked to find that I barely had any signs of darkness under my eyes, and since then I have found that I've almost completely forgotten about such woes. I used to feel like crying in the mornings, when no amount of concealer could disguise anything, but this stuff really has made a big difference. Sadly - and there's always a but, isn't there? - I can't say that I've noticed any difference whatsoever when it comes to fine lines, but taking into consideration my past experience, two out of three certainly isn't bad!
I'm definitely going to be repurchasing this when I run out, which hopefully won't be any time soon. At £40 for 15ml this most certainly doesn't come cheap, so while I got mine on special offer at half that price, I'm going to find it really difficult to part with the cash when I reach the bottom of my bottle. In fact, I'll definitely be waiting until I can get it on sale! Still, at least I know that it does do the job, and on that basis it's worth it

You can find the Elemental Herbology Eye Elixir on their website, and also at Feel Unique.

Have you tried anything from Elemental Herbology?
Would you recommend any of their other products? I can't wait to try more, and already have their Weekend Facial gift set to tell you all about before long.

xx

5 comments:

  1. Ooh this sounds SO good, I've never tried anything from Elemental Herbology before but I've been hearing amazing things about their products!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love elemental herbology products. Cell food is amazing too. I think that if you sign up for their news letter on the web site, you get 20% off your favourite product forever. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I like the sound of this! My dark circles have been worse than ever recently. I want to try their detoxifying (?) mask!xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds great, i want to try everything from this range. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just purchased it from ebay for £10, so really exciting in trying. I'm 40years old, I don't have much in lines but in the past 5 months my under eye has become very dark and very big bags, due to stress and a lot of crying. Just put a small amount around orbit and will try again tomorrow morning. I've tried a few others through QVC as well as no.7 from the high street after hearing great reviews, but unfortunately after just a day or two of using all these creams, I just got creases under my eye, and sometimes it would be all puffy in the mornings, so I stopped using any eye cream, but now my bags and dark circles are so bad it looks like someone has punched me in the face. So God willing this product will work. I almost brought the Origin Ging Zing one you mentioned as I heard mostly good things about it, but just fed up spending so much money on eye creams only to find out they make my eyes worse. Plus how can I miss the chance of using this at a winning bid of £10.
    My mum who's in her 70's looks fantastic, never wear makeup, never had to put on foundation etc. Uses just vasline, and Nivea, soap and water with a rough rag to wash her face, and puts on what ever fruit she's eating on het face. She looks great! I just don't like all that sticky fruit on my face plus I'm lazy when it comes to eating fruit, and I have no confidence to go without concealer.
    Anyways, fingers crossed this cream helps. X

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk