Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cosy Nights and Festive Scents


Brrr! Winter has been on its way for a while now, and the switch on of the Christmas lights last Thursday and the arrival of the German markets in the city centre can only mean one thing: The festive season is upon us! Now, I've been seeing numerous gift guides and advent calendars popping up on my Bloglovin' feed for a good few weeks now, but only now that we are nearing the end of November has it really begun to feel real. The temperature has  dropped dramatically over the past couple of days, leaving me wanting to do nothing more than snuggle up under a blanket on the sofa, with a glass of mulled wine in hand and some Christmas candles burning. I can always rely on Yankee Candle to get me in the mood (for festivities, that is! How rude.) and with an array of delicious winter scents to choose from at quite reasonable prices compared to other brands, I haven't been able to resist picking up a couple in recent weeks.
Spiced Orange is a deliciously warming scent, reminiscent of juicy oranges, cloves and nutmeg - think the afore-mentioned mulled wine.When I'm in the mood for something a bit less heady and a little more dreamy, I opt for Fireside Treats, which envelops you in a bundle of cosiness, literally like toasting marshmallows on a roaring fire. Love.

What are your favourite Christmas scents? Are you in the festive mood yet?

Don't forget to enter my Christmas Giveaway if you fancy landing yourself some treats from Ren, Bumble & Bumbleand more.

xx




6 comments:

  1. I'm definitely in the festive mood already, and I've lists of things I need to do before Dec 1 :o). I love the sound of the spiced orange candle, just like something I would enjoy at X-mas :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh I bet spiced orange is lovely! :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Spiced Orange sounds yummy! I recently bought a cinnamon candle from Lily Flame and a set of Christmas samplers from Yankee Candle, such as pine needle and Christmas Cookie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fireside treats sounds so amazing! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spiced Orange sounds yum! I've just finished burning Salted Caramel which I lurved and I'm just gearing up to go out at the weekend and choose my Christmas candle. I like to choose a large Yankee jar and it usually gets me right through the festive season. It's become almost as important as choosing the right tree! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Spiced Orange sounds lovely, I haven't tried this one yet. I loved pomegranate cider, which they have. sadly, stopped doing now, Christmas Eve is nice, so is apple & pine needle, Snow in Love and red apple wreath, actually I love all Yankee candles, they're fantastic aren't they x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk