Friday, November 15, 2013

The Weekly Selection


It's been a few weeks since I last did one of these, and suffice to say, there are one or two beauty treats I've been very much looking forward to sharing with to you. Ok, make that four.
I'm often found loitering around the Bumble & Bumble stand in Boots, desperately wanting to grab all they have to offer, throw it into my shopping basket and sprint for the till point. Alas, I usually have to summon the strength to peel myself away, as at pushing thirty pounds a pop, their products are definitely not cheap. Imagine my delight then, when I stumbled upon a little shelf of miniature Bumble & Bumble goodness, tucked sneakily away in the depths of the general haircare oil. For between £7.50 and £10, you can pick up all manner of coveted haircare products, for a fraction of the price of their heftier cousins, in miniature. Genius, I tell you. Needless to say, one or two items definitely did venture till-wards with me, one of those being the lovely Buble & Bumble Shine On Finishing Spray, £10 for 60ml. Granted, it might be still a little bit on the pricey side for the amount of product, but if you're a fan of trying before you buy full-size then this is a great idea. I've been spritzing this onto my dull mop after styling each day, for a bit of extra dazzle, and it's not half bad.
Speaking of lank locks, I couldn't help but pick up the Charles Worthington Salon at Home Moisture Seal Intense Rescue Melting Balm (aaaand breathe....), a novel concept if I may say so. Rather than slathering this onto wet hair as you would expect with a hair masque, this thick balm is rubbed between the palms where it becomes an oil, and slicked generously onto dry hair. Leave for twenty minutes, and hey presto, you're ready for your shampoo and conditioner as normal. Having only used this once, I'll reserve full judgement until later, but I did definitely find my hair to be more manageable after dipping my toe in for the first time.
Another new product welcomed into the fold has been the Ren Resurfacing AHA Concentrate, which has been on my shopping list for an age. I finally cracked last week, after much umming and ahhing over whether or not it was worth it, given that I already have and enjoy the Clarins Brightening Exfoliator Toner. Once again, we aren't yet full acquainted, but after a couple of uses I can report that this smells fruitily fantastic (much like the Glyco mask from the same range) and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth in the mornings.I shall report back soon!
Last but not least is this delightful Indulgent Fig & Orange Oil Moisturising Hand and Nail Cream from M&S. Smells divine and does the job, which is all you can ask, really!
Candle-wise, I've been loving the warming scent of my latest Christmas Yankee in Fireside Treats - sweet and toasty, without being sickly or overpowering. Definite winner.

Which products have been floating your boat this week?
Have you entered my Christmas Giveaway?

xx

13 comments:

  1. Hi Mel - it's good to have you back! I'm with you on the Bumble and Bumble and am also a loiterer - so many of their products I want to try it's ridiculous! The Charles Worthington Balm sounds a similar concept to the Ojon Restorative Hair treatment - look forward to your full review. Liz Earle Superskin Concentrate is floating my boat at the moment - love it! Looks like a great giveaway - I'll be entering shortly! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I've been looking at the Ojon one too but it's just so darn pricey! I must try the Superskin Concentrate, been on my hit list for a while now. Good luck in the giveaway :)xx

      Delete
  2. Oh that candle sounds divine! Also love the AHA concentrate, works wonders! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually your post on it way back when that landed it on my wishlist to start with Jennie, as I remembered how much you said it had helped with pigmentation/discolouration! Now that my skin has cleared up I've been left with some marks which I need rid of!xx

      Delete
  3. Oh the AHA concentrate has been buzzing lately, I'm still on the verge of splurging or not. As I've got their Radiance Perfecting Serum (same range) and I'm loving that too. Would you say the AHA is also working to reduce the appearance of hyper pigmentation?

    To come back on your comment on my blog, I'm doing very fine. I'm hope you're well too! Uni has been mad busy and I'm trying to dedicate a bit more time on my blog as well. It's been getting better and really enjoy how it is, so sad that school work is just very very hectic so I can't put as much time and thought into my posts... Enough about me, hope you're coping with work as well? Saw some tweets popping by the last couple of weeks. Hope nothing bad? xx

    9 out of ten | find me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing major hun, just finding it stressful trying to land myself a half-decent job! I know what you mean about blogging, hence my recent absence - sometimes life just gets in the way! Hope uni is going well xx

      Delete
  4. I loooove the marks and spenser fig and orange hand cream. they are doing 3x2 and I stocked up on the body cream and bath oil too.... such a gorgeous scent, I'm obsessed :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a treat, isn't it - and a snip at only £1!!xx

      Delete
  5. The AHA Concentrate is something I've considered picking up, it really does sound very good :)
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also had the REN product on my list for a very long time, it sounds promising so I will have to check back once you've done a full review on it!

    http://cosmeticsshoppingandintoxication.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the fig and orange hand cream smells amazing! I love orange scented things :)
    I'd love to try the ren concentrate too!xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk