Monday, November 11, 2013

Review: Balance Me Radiance Oil


Hello my lovelies, now this one has been a long time coming. I was actually very kindly sent the Balance Me Radiance Face Oil to try some while ago, but thanks to my skin embarking on an unexpected year of insanity around about the same time, it's taken until now for me to actually be able to give it a fair trial. Most of you will know that my skin has been breakout central since around January, but has miraculously cleared up since returning to the UK to leave me, much to my delight, (dare I say it!?) spot free.  Beforehand, I was never really sure what it was that was causing all those blemishes, and went down pretty much every route I could think of in a bid to clear them, none of which were fruitful. I would go through phases of trying out new products, only to then become convinced that they were adding fuel to the breakout fire, but in hindsight I can now see that it really was all hormonal, and all the products in the world couldn't have solved the problem. I will be doing an in-depth post on the issue in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for that if you are one of the lucky people to be in a similar boat. I'll be talking all about how I finally came to have clear skin, and giving you the facts on what did and didn't help.
Now, as I'm finally in a position to be able to objectively try out skincare again.... onwards and upwards.
I do love a good facial oil, but I do understand the scepticism still surrounding them to some degree, especially in those who are already contending with excess oil production. The theory is though, that by slathering on the right oils, in other words, those which prove really beneficial for the skin, sebum production will in turn be reduced. If you're already giving it what it needs in the form of nourishing, hydrating oils which won't clog the pores, then the skin has no need to keep churning out it's own sticky, problematic version.
The Balance Me Radiance Face Oil is made from 100% natural ingredients, including super-emollient goodies such as jojoba, sweet almond, rosehip and camellia. Roman chamomile, yarrow and benzoin nourish skin, replenishing its natural lustre and, smoothing the skin and revealing a smoother and more radiant complexion.
A couple of drops is all you need, and the oil can be applied in place of your night-time moisturiser or, for an extra boost, mixed in with it - recommended if you do suffer from dry or chapped skin in the winter. Personally, I find anything too rich tends to do my skin more harm than good, so I prefer to use it on its own. You may also pop some on in the morning, but I wouldn't hugely recommend it if you're going to be applying makeup, as it doesn't help your slap to stay put in the least. For me, a night-time treat 2-3 times a week is all my skin needs, and the oil is absorbed easily into the skin without leaving any greasy residue.
One of my favourite things about the oil is the delightfully herbal scent - it might not be for everyone, but personally I adore it.
I find this to be a really hydrating product, and a pleasure to use. Since my breakouts have taken their leave, I've been using this from time to time in the hope that it will help to clear up the pesky scars left behind, and thanks to the healing rosehip oil I am already starting to notice some improvements. If you do have blemishes then I wouldn't recommend using it every day, but certainly a couple of times a week should help to get things on the mend without overloading your skin.
All in all, a fabulous product from Balance Me. I'm ashamed to say that this was my very first, but I'm certainly looking forward to delving a little bit deeper into their range of skincare goodies in the future.

The Radiance Face Oil is available from the Balance Me website, priced at £30.00 for 30ml. 

xx

10 comments:

  1. It sounds so lovely, Balance Me products are so wonderful! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do rate Balance Me skincare, everything seems to just work :) I'd like to try this.
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got my eye on their Radiance Face Mask next, sounds like a treat. xx

      Delete
  3. I really like this face oil, my skin feels so soft in the mornings when I use it! Don't like how it takes a while to sink in though ;') xx
    www.LaurasHaven.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't find it does take long compared to some xx

      Delete
  4. Balance Me is not a brand that is available where I live but it always looks so lovely and tempting when I see it in international blogs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. balance Me. do great products, their eye and hand cream is a must for you to try! And their facial spritz/toner, that one is bloody amazing x

    9 out of ten | find me on bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duly noted! I'm always in the market for a good eye cream :-) xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk