Monday, September 10, 2012

Every Day Makeup



Recently, I've found that I've changed up my daily beauty routine a little bit. I've been experimenting more with primers and serums, which if I'm honest, were products I didn't really see the point in before, being a skeptic and not really believing they'd make much of a difference. However, as it turns out, I was wrong, and as a result, have been able to change some of the other products I was using too. I've found myself wanting to go for a really basic, natural look for the warmer months, and I like that this gives me more scope for creating a more dramatic look for a night out, rather than just feeling that I look the same all the time.
 Read on for details of my current face of the moment.

L'oreal Youth Code Luminise Super Serum
Now, I don't often say this about a product, and I certainly didn't think I'd be saying this about a serum. But this stuff is absolutely amazing! I was sent several samples in the post, and wasn't particularly excited about trying them, but one morning, when I had woken up looking particularly tired and...well...rough, I decided to slap some on to give my skin a little boost. The serum claims to 'even and illuminate',  and it really does do just that. I was amazed to see how well it had evened out my skin tone and even almost felt that I could go makeup free (I say almost because my puffy, dark-circled eyes would not allow for it). Seriously, really impressed, and no, no one has paid me to say this. I have been using it on a daily basis ever since (each sample allows for about four or five applications) and am eager to get my hands on a full-size version of the product before I run out.


Benefit The Porefessional

I don't really suffer from enlarged pores just yet (thank goodness), but recently I have found that my T-zone has suddenly become oily, causing my makeup to slide off my face. As you can imagine, this did not make for a very good look come the end of the day, and, tired of glancing in the mirror and wanting to cry (I've always had good skin!) I decided to give this stuff a go and see if it would help with that. I really think that it does, as it mattifies the area, provides a good base for my makeup and seems to keep things as they should be for that bit longer. Hurrah.
Benefit Erase Paste in Shade No.2
I somehow forgot to include this in the collective photo, but make no mistake, I can't live without this thanks to my dark circles and puffy morning eyes. It's the best concealer I've tried, and I've been using it daily for about a year now. It doesn't work miracles though, so I'm still on the lookout for something that does!


Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup in 2WN1

I had tried a couple of samples of this about six months ago and really liked it, so recently I caved and bought it. I was gutted when I first applied it only to find that my skin just didn't look how I had remembered with it on, and I actually took it off and put on my usual Revlon Photoready instead, and this product was left sitting on my shelf for a couple of weeks. But then, after trying out the L'oreal Youth Code Super Serum for the first time, I felt confident enough to try popping on my Invisible Fluid again, and I wasn't disappointed. The two of them have been my favourite combo ever since. Invisible Fluid is pretty sheer, so I would only recommend wearing it either in the summer or if you are blessed with an even skin tone, but if you can relate to neither of these then the serum is your friend and you can pretty much wear it any time :)


L'oreal Glam Bronze Duo in Blonde

I love this bronzer. You can see in the picture that I've got mere crumbs left, but I'm making the most of them! This is a lovely matte bronzer (no shimmer) made up of two different shades (one light, one dark) and together they combine to make the perfect shade for contouring and adding a bit of colour for my skin tone. As you know, I'm not actually blonde, but I do have quite naturally pale skin - not milky white, but very light - so this is just right for me. I actually much prefer this to Benefit Hoola and will definitely be re-stocking soon.


Benefit Posie Tint

I have been pretty much obsessed with the Benefit Coralista blush since I got it, and had therefore neglected this little Posie Tint sample size, which I got my hands on at the same time. But over the past couple of weeks I have been really enjoying using this on my cheeks for a really pretty, dewy, rosie glow.


Mac Mineralise Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle

This is one of those products that everyone raves about, and yet it has always been 'just ok' for me.   I quite liked it, but then it was nothing special. But somehow, now that I'm using it along with Posie Tint, it has really grown on me, and the 'healthy glow' effect it gives seems to be far greater, so I am finally finding that I really want to put this on each day rather than having to remind myself to use some just because I've got it and I don't want it to have been a waste of money. I'm really happy that I've now found a way to make it work for me.


Topshop Eyes Kohl Liner 

I've been enjoying using this liner in place of my usual black or brown. It's a really deep, dark blue and I usually use it just on the outer corners of my lower lash line, or sometimes along my top lash line too if I fancy something different - it really depends on my mood.


L'oreal Volume Million Lashes Mascara in Brown

My all-time favourite mascara, and still going strong. Read my review  here.


Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie

Resurrecting the Lip Butters! This is a gorgeous berry shade and is perfect for the coming Autumn/Winter season. It's really rather pigmented compared to most of the other Lip Butter shades, and after over-dosing on corals and pinks for summer, this is a welcome addition to my daily routine. Although saying that, I don't use it every day - I still switch up my lip colours a bit, but I wanted to include a lip product and this is my current favourite.

What are your current beauty favourites?
xx

22 comments:

  1. I love the erase paste i got some the other week. I also use the posie tint. I like to use a darker one at night but during the day its a pretty glow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same, I tend to use it on warm days as it gives a nice healthy, natural look. I do love my Erase Paste but it's still no match for my dark circles :(xx

      Delete
  2. I notice you have quite a thick fringe have you maybe changed your shampoo or conditioner or any other hair product recently? It might be causing your forehead to become more oily!! Though the Porefessional is a great primer so will really help with that!


    www.betsyboat.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't, that's the thing...but my fringe has been really oily too, argh. Not sure which is causing which! The Porefessional does do a reasonable job on my forehead though xx

      Delete
  3. some really great products! I love revlon <3

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed reading this! I've been tempted by the Soft & Gentle for a while, I may have to splurge next month. I've never heard of the Youth Code serum before but it sounds fantastic. I feel your oily skin pain xx

    rachael @ madeupoflittlethings xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must admit I don't usually go for L'oreal for things like face creams and serums, and only tried this after getting some samples, but it's fantastic!xx

      Delete
  5. Ahhh the loreal glam bronzer!!!! I used to loveee this and havent bought it for ages...I may have to now though Id forgotten all about it! Im really lusting after the mac soft and gentle...but I also want the mineralise blush in warm soul...decisions decisions!

    Nicole
    xox

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'm after Warm Soul too :( Spoilt for choice as usual, I dread to think how long my Christmas wishlist is going to be this year! Ha xx

      Delete
  6. I don't own primers and such, a simple bronzer is all I use for my skin but this stuff looks pretty good; maybe I'll give it a spin?

    SIDEWALKCATWALKS.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't really find them necessary on the whole, but when skin is a bit oily or the weather is hot they do a good job xx

      Delete
  7. I've had my eye on the Erase Paste for a while as well as the lipbutter. I love the look of that shade. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a go, it's great, so pricey though and I'm going to have to replace mne in a week or two, nooo :(xx

      Delete
  8. I love porefessional! its is such a good primer and last all day! Also posie tint gives the best colour on the lips!! and it stays there for hours and hours!! i dont use it for my cheeks at all but adore it for my lips!! I really want to get my hands on erase paste!! but i never know if I should be going for boi-ing instead! hehe!

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to give it a go on my lips, haven't tried it yet. I can't speak for Boi-ing but Erase Paste is great :)xx

      Delete
  9. I have that eye kohl it's beautiful! I am yet to try erase paste, but everyone loves it so I might have to soon!

    New follower here, I found you through Blog Hop :)

    x

    http://canvasbagkris.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely but doesn't stay put very well in hot weather, as I've recently discovered!
      Thanks for visiting hun :)xx

      Delete
  10. lovely post :) i need to try benefits erase paste i have such bad dark circles :( now following your blog, it's so good! http://gemsbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well as I say, it's a really good concealer, but it's still no match for my dark circles/bags :(
      Thanks for visiting lovely xx

      Delete
  11. I don't find the POREfessional helps at all with minimising the appearance of my pores. I'm the opposite to you (I don't have trouble with my make up lasting but I DO have pretty big pores) so I've been kind of disappointed by the product :/

    Chelle x
    http://chellesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame :( I wish I knew of one to recommend, but sadly I have no idea :(
      Do you use anything to fix your makeup?
      Thanks for visiting!xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk