Tuesday, March 5, 2013

February Favourites





When I posted my February Favourites Video on Saturday, I did promise that, as usual, I would write up a post on my monthly favourites too. So, without further ado, here it is!

Throughout February, I was loving.....

1. Tropic Hot Bamboo Organic Smoothing Cleanser
Cream hot cloth cleansers are my favourite way to remove all the day's grime and debris from my skin, and this one is no exception. In fact, with it being organic, vegan and cruelty free, it's shot straight to the top of my most-used cleansers list.
Review here

2. Elemis Nourishing Milk Bath
I haven't got a bath in my house at present, but as I won this in a competition, I wanted to try and make use of it somehow. Luckily, when scanning the back of the bottle I noticed that it could also be used as an intense body lotion, so I've been applying it straight onto my skin when I get out of the shower. The results have been quite fantastic - full review coming up very soon.

3. Essie Smoothies Coconut & Pineapple Hand &Body Lotion
I'm not hugely fussy when it comes to hand creams, but having now discovered one that smells like Pina Coladas, this little beaut is here to stay. I love slinging it in my handbag and whipping it out when my hands are in need, as it instantly whisks me away on holiday for a second with it's tropical scent.

4. HD Brows Brow Beater Gel
I reviewed this one last week, and if you saw that then you'll know that this has fast become a staple in my daily make-up routine. Groomed brows make all the difference.
Review here

5. MUA Pro Brow Kit
For the same reasons as above, this one is also a must-have of mine, and is a snip at just £3.50. It contains three shades, which can be mixed to find the perfect match for your brows, and the lightest can also be used to highlight under the brow. It does contain a wax too, but I pass that up in favour of Brow Beater.
Review here

6. Topshop Lips in Infrared
An oldie but goodie, I've had this one since last summer, and while I've always loved it, I do remember often wondering back then if it really suited me or not. So, when I stumbled upon it at the beginning of February and quickly whipped some on, I was pleasantly surprised and have been happily sporting it ever since. It's such a bright and zingy shade, perfect for the warmer months.

7. MUA Bronzed Perfection Bronzer
This really warms up my face, and is good for contouring too. Again, it's also a huge bargain, and will last ages because the compact is just huge.
Review here

8. Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Year
Last but not least, this little beaut first joined my make-up collection back in December, but it's only now that I've begun to team it with my MUA bronzer for more of a sun-kissed look that it's really come into its own. It serves as both a peachy blusher and a subtle peachy-gold highlighter at the same time, so a dusting of this on top of my cheeks and a bit of really light contouring with my bronzer and I'm sorted. I'm usually more of a  coral blush kind of girl, so this has been making a welcome change.

I hope you enjoyed having a nose into my favourites this month. What were your favourite February products?

xx


4 comments:

  1. The MAC Mineralize skinfinish is such a nice shade. I have been shopping for a nice mineralize blush/bronzer from MAC lately too.

    My Feb favorites:
    http://shoppingobsessionblog.blogspot.ca/2013/02/february-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend Light Year, especially for the warmer months. It gives such a lovely glow xx

      Delete
  2. I really need to sort myself out and go but Topshops Infrared!!! Ive wanted it for so long but it always gets pushed to the bottom of the list, but I think its a must for me this summer!
    Nicole
    xox

    http://ramblingbeauty-nicolelou.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beaut, and there are a couple of other Topshop shades I'm after now too!xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk