Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mohda Nail Polishes and Dupes!






Happy Friday, everyone! I hope you've all got that Friday Feeling - I know I have. This week has been really hectic and tiring, so I am all for having a couple of days of down time. I think I've got a bit of a cold coming on, too, which is definitely not my favourite, but at least I've got some time to snuggle up at home with endless cups of tea and write a few blog posts!

The topic of today's post is my new favourite nail polish line, from Brazilian brand Mohda. Now, before you say anything, I do know that these are difficult to get hold of in the UK (I'm not sure about the US/Oz etc.), and for that reason, I have hunted down the best dupes of my favourite shades for you, so while they might not be the cheapest polishes around, you  too can play with these gorgeous hues. In the meantime, I will be keeping my eyes open for any UK suppliers and will let you know the very second I find one!




So, a bit of background for you on this fantastic brand. Mohda has been producing polishes since 2008, does not test on animals, and make it their mission to release a constant stream of new, innovative shades. 
All together, there are thirteen different lines available, including Frosted, Color and Gloss, Creamy, Creamy Look, Glitter, Lights, Lights Holographic, Pearly, Transparent , Treatment, Crackle Polish, Flecked and HD.
All Mohda's polishes are fast drying and contain Nutri-Active calcium to keep nails strong and healthy.

I can't get enough of the Hi-Definition line, and my favourite polish of all is definitely the Hi Definition Multichrome in North Pole. It is a gorgeous, gorgeous multi-tonal metallic green, so it looks different in different lights. It is really similar to Topshop's Hidden Treasure, which had had my eye on for ages before I tried Mohda. It's also a pretty good dupe for Chanel's Le Vernis in Peridot, which is handy given that Chanel varnishes come in at around £15 ($26 on their US site)! I wouldn't go as far as saying it was exactly the same, but it's a pretty good substitute.
I have been wearing this shade along with Topshop's Ice Crush, which is a pretty clear polish with silver holographic chunks in it) on my ring fingers.







Mohda Hi-Definition Multichrome in North Pole



Topshop Hidden Treasure



Chanel Le Vernis in Peridot (531)


The second shade I am currently loving is another Hi-Definition shade, this time called 'Glass'
Here it is, in all it's glory..





Mohda Hi-Definition in Glass

As you can see, it's a beautiful shimmering Magenta, not dissimilar to Essie's 'Sure Shot'. I only purchased it today and am already wearing it on my nails, admiring it every time it catches the light! Just gorgeous.



Essie Sure Shot

I really do think it's a shame that these varnishes are not readily available in the UK. In Brazil, they are a steal at around £1! That is, with the exception with the Multichromes, about £4.
However, if you do like the look of these shades then you know where you can find something very similar! If you would be like me to review any of the other Mohda shades then please let me know in the comments box.

What's your favourite nail polish?
 I hope you are all able to get out and enjoy the sunshine this weekend, if it sticks around!

xx




4 comments:

  1. Love the colours! Wish we could get these in the UK! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, they are lovely, aren't they? Most things cost a fortune in Brazil, but nail varnishes are the one thing that is cheap, so I always make sure to stock up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amaahaazing! Can you believe I've neve seen these nail varnishes!?!? No fair! They must not be available round here as I haven't seen them whenever I've been in a casa de beleza and I obsess over the nail varnish area every time so defo not a case of me seeing them! I will definitely be investigating hehe, absolutely love 'Polo Norte'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lush, I actually only discovered the brand a few weeks ago, but they seem to sell them in most pharmacies now. Yep, Polo Norte is my favourite, it's gorgeous!

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk