Saturday, May 19, 2012

Weekend Favourites


So, being the weekend, it's time for another Weekend Favourites post, and this week I have chosen my favourite clothes and accessories from across the online stores' 'New in' sections, as well as some of my current makeup must-haves.

S

I love this gorgeous drop arm top, and seeing as I already own a similar one from Topshop (the same, but black with white palm tree print) I know how lovely it looks on. These cropped tops can be worn loose with a pair of high-waisted shorts, which is my favourite look, but for those of you who prefer a tighter fit, it does have a tie at the back which enables you to change it up a bit.


I never get bored of black studded things! The rock chick look is still going strong in one way or another.
I haven't tried a bralet yet, and there are loads of pretty options out there for Spring/Summer. I'd love to get my hands on this one, along with a more colourful tropical print version. 
What do you wear your bralet with?


Cute! Enough said.


Gorgeous. High waisted. Printed. Comfy.
What's not to love?



Another of my current obsessions is cropped, sleeveless, tie front shirts, and this one would be more than welcome to join my collection, with it's mint green and coral combo - incidentally, two of my favourite colours of the moment.

                                          I must have this. That is all.




                                     Lilac Maxi Skirt, Miss Selfridge, £38



This one will come as no surprise to the majority of you, who will be well aware of my love for all things coral, particularly where makeup is concerned. I just cannot get enough of coral lips and cheeks, and I am getting excited just looking at this one. I really need to get out more.



I have been hearing SO many good things about this of late, that I just have to empty my piggy bank and give this a try. I think me could probably all do with a bit of pore reduction, and I know I could on my nose. I am usually a bit skeptical of these 'wonder products', as they often don'tlive up to the hype, but we shall see.




I think after my explanation for the Clinique lipstick, you're pretty clued in on the whys and the wherefores of this one!

As you can see, if I was to buy all of this little lot then I might be left with quite a substantial dent in my bank balance, so for now, they shall remain on my 'Wishlist', especially after my recent splurging on Ebay! Seriously, I am actually dreading not being here when the packages arrive and the Mr having to sign for them, he is going to want to have a word with me! Haha. Before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick about that one though, no, I am not a kept woman, and yes, I do work hard for my money. But you know what men are like, they never see the need for half the things we buy!
What is on your wishlist at the moment? I'd love to know what your selections would be!
Did anyone get to see the Olympic torch today?

xx

7 comments:

  1. Nars Tinted moisturiser and MAC lipstick are on my list once i can afford it! :) i know the feeling aha. Lovely blog

    Nafisah xo

    http://bamblingsofnaffy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, Mac Lipsticks are ALWAYS on my wishlist, that goes without saying! Haha. Which ones in particular do you fancy? My current favourite is Vegas Volt, but I'm looking to get my hands on Impassioned and Watch Me Simmer! So excited for the Hey Sailor collection!
      Mel x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi mel! these are REALLY great summer picks! the clarins liquid blush looks really promising -- i'm looking it up right now as i'm typing this/simultaneously shoving a s'more in my mouth, ha ha! sadly, it'll probably have to end up on my things-to-eventually-buy list -- college and apartments don't pay for themselves, unfortunately :(
    i keep seeing the benefit primer everywhere, too! i can't believe the huge hype it has made -- i've heard really mixed things about it! can't decide whether or not i would actually get it.
    thank you SO much for the kind comments! i really love your blog -- i'm having a fun time scrolling through the pages. i've followed you back, i hope to hear from you very soon!
    take care :)

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the clarins liquid blush looks BEAUTIFUL! I am such a clarins fan....obsessed with their skincare and foundation!
    and the topshop nail polish, and the maxi skirt....
    damn you for making me want all these lovely things! haha!
    You have a lovely blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am in love with it, shame it's not cheaper! If it's any consolation, I doubt I'll actually be able to buy much of this! :(
      Thanks for reading!
      Mel x

      Delete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk