Tuesday, November 20, 2012

L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil


I have always been reluctant to use oil on my hair. When I first started hearing about people doing so, I thought they were mad, imagining that it would turn their locks into a greasy oil slick rather than do any good.
The first time I relented and tried Argan oil on my hair, my suspicions were confirmed - I applied it to the ends of dry hair, as instructed, and sure enough, my barnet soon became an oily mop. After that, I decided not to dabble in using such products again.
That was, until I heard about the L'oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil (please excuse the fact that mine's a foreign version - it is exactly the same thing), Glowing review after glowing review persuaded me to give hair oils one more go, especially after reading time and again that this one did not weigh down your locks.

This oil can be applied as a pre-wash treatment (massage it into your hair and leave it for an hour or two, before washing as normal), or can be applied to wet or dry hair. Having had a bad experience applying to dry hair in the past, I thought I would give the wet hair option a try, and I'm glad I did.



One or two pumps is enough, even for long hair - with hair oils, less really is more. Just run it through, from mid length right down to the ends, avoiding the roots (and fringe, if you have one), and blow-dry your hair, just as you normally would.

It really is true that this oil doesn't leave the hair feeling heavy or greasy. Instead, it leaves me with soft, smooth locks that are much more manageable than usual. My hair is really quite dry at the moment, and while this doesn't leave me looking as though I've just stepped out of a salon, it's not all that far off. My hair is in dire need of a good cut, so it's more of a challenge for this product than most people's hair, I think!
I do sometimes use the oil to tame fly-aways once my hair is dry, but in this instance I would use the tiniest little amount, as it does seems to leave more of a coating on the hair when used in this way.

I now use this oil on my hair regularly - after washing and before drying - and am really enjoying the difference it makes to the condition of my hair.

xx

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful post! You have an amazing post :)

    I definitely follow you...would you like to follow each other?

    http://nancymaterialgirl.blogspot.it/

    xoxo from Italy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same about hair oils and have avoided them since! My hair just felt really heavy and greasy! I might have to try this now though - I feel like you've pursuaded me as we've had similar experiences! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post, really want to try this oil, I've tried a few other brands so far and not liked any!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep meaning to pick this up. I love hair oils x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh sounds good! may have to try it myself :)
    xxx
    http://eleanorcos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love hair oils! great post :)

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! click here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try this now, looks nice.

    By
    Marisha Wick
    Extra dark Jamaican black castor oil

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk