Thursday, July 5, 2012

July Agenda

- My beautiful home town -

At the end of last month, I set myself a few little goals and tasks to reach and complete, but I only allowed myself a week to do it. Being the busiest week of the year for me at work, this was probably a little bit foolish, and unsurprisingly, I didn't get very far towards achieving what I had hoped to!
So this time, I'm giving myself the whole month, which means I have absolutely no excuses for falling short, especially as I now have a couple of weeks off work with nothing much planned!

So what do I have planned for myself this month?

1. Learn to do a fishtail plait/braid.
It's just a small goal, but it's something I have been wanting to do for ages now and for some reason I never seem to find the time to figure out how to do it. Well, go me, I'm one step ahead on this one and have already successfully taught myself how!I did it about five minutes ago, but I don't see this as cheating, because I was already intending to include this little challenge on my list. It just so happened that I had a moment of motivation before sitting down to write this post, so I am off to a great start...start as you mean to go on, and all that!

2. Bake Macaroons and Slutty Brownies.
Baking was on last month's agenda, but alas, it wasn't to be. My oven is absolutely rubbish, as I mentioned before, and it takes all day to cook anything! But as I've got some free time, this shouldn't be an issue. I love baking, and it's not something new for me, but I haven't had the time to do it in an absolute age.

        
      - Not really relevant...but on the subject of baking/ food, here's the delicious dessert I had last week! -

3. Save my pennies.
This is an absolute must for this month, as I've got a lot of things coming up that are going to require funding! June was a complete nightmare for spending, and I really don't feel like I've got anything much to show for it, so throughout July, I shall endeavour to keep my disobedient little hands away from Ebay and my Paypal account, which seem to have been the biggest hindrances to my saving of late!

4. Get away.
Ok, so this is a complete and utter contradiction to number three, but given that I have time off work, and that the hubby and I haven't been anywhere nice together in ages, I'm going to make an exception and figure this into the old budget. It won't be anything too fancy, but a day and a night away is going to be just what we need to recharge after all that's been happening over the past few months.

5. Blog every day.
This is a general goal of mine anyway, and not something I see as a chore. I usually do manage to post on most days, but during July, I'm going to make the most of my free time and post more, and hopefully I'll have the chance to get lots of nice photos and put together some things I haven't had the time to do yet. I want to branch out a bit.

6. Do something crafty.
I don't know what yet. But something. I love being creative, and I've been really fidgety and restless recently because I really want to do something! If anyone has got any relatively simple craft ideas then please do let me know in the comments. Again, this was something I wanted to do last month, but didn't have the time!

And that's my lot! I am giving myself until 31st July to complete these,

Do you have any little goals or plans for the month?

xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I've tagged you in the Beautiful Blogger Award :) Check it out, I hope you can do it!
    eleanorgrace95.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much lovely! Thanks for reading! :)
      Mel x

      Delete
  2. Something crafty I've been procrastinating about is crochet! So now I'm on holiday I definitely want to learn it once and for all!

    luxenlush@blogspot.com.br

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk