Saturday, April 7, 2012

Friday Favourites


I know, I know, it's Saturday! Sorry to be posting this a day late, but things have been really hectic what with Easter and family visiting! Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend!

The aim of Friday Favourites is to share, unsurprisingly, a few of my favourite beauty products and fashion items of the moment, so here goes.



MAC Amplified Creme lipstick in Vegas Volt, £13.50

I absolutely love this lipstick and just cannot stop wearing it at the moment! It's a gorgeous, creamy orange-coral and is another great shade for spring/summer. It's buildable, so you can achieve a gorgeous opaque finish, or you can apply a light layer and rub it in to your lips for a more subtle stain.
Love it!


Miss Selfridge Petites floral print playsuit, £37

My favourite Spring purchase so far, this playsuit is a really flattering cut, and I was thrilled to find it in the petites section as I'm a shortie. I usually find it hard to find dresses and playsuits in the right length for me, and most shops only have a very limited selection of items in their Petites range. I love the pastel colours of this one and will be wearing it dressed down with sandals and a skinny tan belt on hot summer days, and styling it up with a cropped blazer, heels and gold jewellery for nights out. If you want to see how I'm wearing it, I will be doing an OOTD post on it by the end of next week (camera permitting. As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am currently having some issues with mine).


Miss Sporty Lasting Colour nail varnish in Red Tango,  £1.99, Superdrug

I didn't expect much of this cheap and cheerful nail varnish when I picked it up, at least not in terms of quality, but the bright, zingy colour was irresistible. Can you tell by now that I have a bit of a thing for orange-corals!?
Actually, these little polishes come with a graduated-tip brush, and the curved shape makes it extremely easy to paint your nails. Two coats and you are good to go.


I am also loving the gorgeous, shimmery pastel green shade (second from left), but sadly I don't know the name as it doesn't say on the bottle, and I can't find it anywhere online.
I really like the Miss Sporty colours, but I will say that they are not the most long-wearing of polishes, so are best for a quick fix.

Coral Crepe Shorts, £29, Miss Selfridge

Ok, I think my obsession with coral might be getting slightly out of hand! I didn't actually realise, until I started writing this post, that I had a running theme on the go!
But anyway, I recently picked up these shorts and they are a godsend for holidays as the material is really thin (yet not transparent, so don't worry about VPL!) and floaty, and airy. They are great with a plain white vest, and sandals for a casual daytime look. Day and night outfits post coming soon.


So that's it for the first installment of Friday Favourites! I hope you've enjoyed seeing what I'm loving at the moment.

Do you own, or have you at some point tried any of the items above? 
What did you think of them?
What are your current favourites?

xx



4 comments:

  1. cute blog! little tip on the miss sporty nail polishes i think i have the same green one - on the label theres a little box with a number - mine said 330 not sure if thats the name or not though but it might be :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip hun, I thought that might be what it was but I much prefer it when they give them names. It makes them sound more appealing if they have a good name!
      Am following your blog now so look forward to more nail tips :-)

      Delete
    2. thanks so much for following! i know, sometimes i am swayed to buy a nail polish or not by if it has a nice name!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Vegas volt is potentially one of my most favourite lipsticks ever. Just stunning on everyone.
    waitealittle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk