Sunday, April 22, 2012

Saturday Summary




Playsuit: Miss Selfridge
Clutch: Primark
Belt: New Look


Hello you lovely people, hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend.
I'm in quite a chatty mood, and as my posts have been a bit thin on the ground this week (sorry about that), I thought it might be nice to have a bit of a catch-up.
First things first. As you may have noticed, my 'Friday Favourites' series is proving a little difficult for me, as as I previously mentioned, I seem to be extremely busy on Fridays at the moment. I don't know if any of you know this, but I am a teacher of English as a foreign language, so come the end of the week, I find myself faced with stacks and stacks of homework to be marked and paperwork to be done. I know some of you might say that I've got all weekend to do this, and you'd be right, but I'd really much rather try and get it all out of the way so that I can relax and enjoy my days off, as well as doing a few blog posts (which I enjoy far more!) so I hope that you can understand that. So, the point of this all being that I have decided to rename the series 'Weekend Favourites', and the posts will be up on Saturdays or Sundays.

(Dress: New Look  (Yes, yes I did get it from the teenager section. The benefits of being a bit of a shortie!)
Belt: Newlook (came with dress)
Bracelet: Miss Selfridge
Sunglasses: Chilli Beans
Sandals: A shop in Brazil called Boroto.


This week, and in fact the week before too, I have been on a bit of a diet, which I am going to be posting about tomorrow, for those of you who are interested. I just decided to do it because we all tend to stay at home and munch a bit too much during the colder months, and with summer coming, I wanted to just lose a couple of pounds in order to get back to my 'comfortable' weight. Anyway, the long and short of it was that I have been (surprisingly) very successful, and have even managed to lose a little extra, which is great. 

I have also developed a rather unhealthy obsession with Ebay over the past few days, having 'popped my Ebay cherry', so to speak. Of course, I had known about it for years, but for some reason I'd never actually got around to getting on there and having a browse. Now, however, it's like it's taking over my life! Haha. I spent hours on there today, and it got to the point where I found myself getting into bidding wars for things I don't even really want! Ooh, the competitiveness of it all. 
A couple of days ago, my husband asked me to buy him a pair of Vans he had seen on there, and so I was left with the responsibility of winning them for him, knowing that he'd be really gutted if I didn't get them for him as they were a vintage pair. No pressure then. So, I decided to employ a little tactic a friend of mine had let me into, and waited right until the last few seconds to place my bid. I got so nervous it was actually ridiculous, all that adrenaline! Thought I was going to pass out, haha. Anyway, luckily for me, I did indeed win the shoes, and that was the start of my addiction! Since then, I have bid on countless items I have since decided I neither want nor need, and am desperately hoping for someone to outbid me on them before the auctions end! That said, I did win a brand new Topshop skirt for a pound today - bargain!
My biggest triumph, though, has definitely been finding absolute piles of gorgeous vintage and costume jewellery, for prices so low my eyes nearly popped out of my head when I saw them!   I am posting on this tomorrow too, when I will be bringing you my favourite, most amazing Ebay jewellery finds as part of my 'Weekend Favourites'.
I do have a little bit of an Ebay haul winging it's way to me, including clothes and makeup, so I will be sure to tell you all about it when it arrives.
Not much else to fill you in on this week, I'm afraid, as I've mostly just been working (and Ebaying!). Our new house is still not ready to move into, and I haven't been out for any delicious meals or cooked anything exciting due to the afore-mentioned diet. Plans for the rest of the weekend are to have a bit of a lazy day tomorrow and watch some films. What have you been up to?
xx


3 comments:

  1. I love the playsuit from miss selfridge and cant wait to read your upcoming posts :) x

    www.belleamourx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely, thank you so much for your visit!!!
    I follow you too!
    Want us to follow by Bloglovin and G+?
    Let me know would love to follow you back
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL yep, Ebay tends to do that to us!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I read every last word and love hearing your views! It really brightens up my day.

For all PR enquiries, please contact me at: melswallofmirrors@yahoo.co.uk